Theft Prevention Tips
There are several steps a vehicle owner can take to reduce the
chances of a vehicle being stolen:
- Keep your doors locked and windows completely rolled up.
- Remove keys from the ignition, even when briefly stepping
away from your car.
- Keep valuable items such as bags, purses, cell phones and
briefcases out of sight.
- Always park your vehicle in well-lit areas.
- Park with the front wheels turned sharply to the curb, making
it tough for thieves to tow your car.
- If you park in a commercial lot or garage, leave only the
ignition key with the attendant.
- Always activate your vehicle's security or alarm system when
- Before buying a new vehicle, check with your insurance company
to find out which vehicles have the highest risk of being stolen.